Friday 15 September 2017

My Blogging Essentials

I have been blogging for about four years now and finally decided it was time to talk about my essentials. Especially as they have changed over the years and I do things a little differently now. 
Evernote 
I love Evernote, it's so helpful. Generally I blog via my phone, typing out my post onto the Evernote app (you know, because the blogger app sucks) and then I copy and paste it over to Blogger on my laptop. I also have a master list of blog ideas that I refer to and tick off regularly. 

Pinterest 
Where I get half of my blog post ideas from. 

Notebook 
That used to be plural, until I got the Evernote app. Now I just have the one notebook that I use for reviews. I don't use it for every review though, I find that if I'm struggling to word a review properly, I would rather put pen to paper than thumbs to keypad. It also gives me a break from my phone, which is nice! 

Camera
Bit of an obvious one really but I couldn't blog without my Canon. I know some people use their phones (which is fine) but I personally prefer to use my camera. I wouldn't mind upgrading my camera one day though, but it's going to be a loooong time before I can afford to do that. I would really like one that shoots video too but I'm not 100% on that yet. 

Softbox Lights and Reflector
This is generally for the winter months when the natural light sucks but the flash is too harsh. I absolutely love my softboxes, I can't believe I went so long without them! They're actually surprisingly affordable too, I got mine from Amazon. Using these also means less editing to do, as the bulbs are so bright and white, I don't need to bother brightening my photos! 

Overlay 
In July I wanted to start making Graphics for blog posts again. I wanted to use Canva but it didn't seem to be available for Android; so I use Overlay instead. I love it, it's so easy to use! 

My Bullet Journal 
It's how I keep myself organised; I plan everything blog related in it. From what post needs to be typed up next, what photos I need to take to when the post is going live. I was a mess before I started bullet journaling. 

How do you get through blogging? Do you write everything on paper first or do you prefer to write straight into your drafts page? 

1 yorum:

  1. I don't use my phone to blog but I couldn't blog without my phone 🙈 It's so useful for taking photos (for me) and connecting with everyone else 🙂

    ReplyDelete